Health and Wellbeing Week a great success
Thanks to all who took part and got involved in our Health and Wellbeing Week last week. Highlights included;
– Zumba for all classes from Senior Infants up;
– Extra active yard time for all pupils on Friday;
– A visit from the service dogs of My Canine Companion to 3rd and 4th classes;
– An 11km Walk and blackberry picking for our 6th classes;
– A treat for our 2nd classes on Friday;
– Almost 75 pupils from 5th and 6th ran 2400m each in Week One of the Marathon Kids programme;
– Health and Wellbeing booklets sent to over 50 homes with details of local events and organisations;
– Almost 100 pupils entered an art competition – our judges will decide soon on some prizes.
– Daily website posts giving details on health and wellbeing resources for pupils and adults alike.
– Slogans promoting wellbeing and health each day and a night off written homework to celebrate active learning.
This was all in addition to PE lessons and extracurricular sport which took place every day last week. Staff also shared information on various topics and will take part in a wellbeing activity later. You can see more posts from last week on our school website.
Many thanks to South Dublin County Council who supported the week with funding.