Rang 6; fun and learning with Ms O’Reilly!
Our Sixth Class have been working with student teacher Ms O’Reilly for the past few weeks. We have been so lucky to have had Ms O’Reilly in our class and have been learning about many new topics. Among the highlights have been:
– Tasting sushi, edamame and Asian chocolates when learning about Asia;
– Performing an African dance and learning about the Masai people;
– Learning about the Indus Valley Civilisation, and playing their invented game, snakes and ladders;
– Learning and performing a new dance in PE;
– Reading an exciting new novel in English;
– Practicing body percussion and learning about musical literacy;
– Ag foghlaim faoi An Teilifís, agus ag féachaint ar cartúin;
– Drawing and learning about pie charts and trend graphs (as well as flipping coins!) in Maths;
– Doing science experiments to test for acidity and alkalinity (bases);
– Creating art with materials as diverse as popcorn and builder’s tape;
– Learning about Shamrock Rovers and the community of Tallaght with guest speaker Graham Gartland.
There are lots of pictures and videos of Ms O’Reilly’s lessons on the class Twitter page, along with a few photos below. We can’t wait to see what else Ms O’Reilly has in store for us!